I did a grep for heap in catalina.out but do not see any out of memory entries.
How do I check the default JVM memory setting and how do I adjust it?

Thx

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Mast [mailto:jhmast.develo...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:04 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat maxThreads Issue

I encountered a similar issue of numerous Httpd processes spawning b/c of
Tomcat.  The issue for me was that Tomcat was running out of memory, and Httpd
for some reason thought spawning a bunch a threads would help ;)

Do you know how much memory these instances of Tomcat are using?  The default
JVM memory is ridiculously low and requires the adjustment to higher maximum
value for production servers.

Grep "heap" catalina.out to see if tomcat is indeed running out of memory.