Christopher

> Multiple posts to this list seem to contradict Hassan's assertion that
> this should work: the DefaultServlet appears to ignore files that are
> created post deployment (or at least, post directory-read).

This is exactly what is happening, the DefautServlet Ignores any file
that appears in the application space after the server is started
Others who have replied to my original post appear to have no problem
serving up images that have been uploaded after server startup ...

I appear to have multiple issues here. Rather that 'hijack' my own
thread, I'll start a new one for each issue then return here when I
know exactly what the problem is. I hope this doesn't upset too many
people.

Rgds
lyallex