See |caseSensitive| here http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html

But doing so makes your installation VERY insecure in a windows environment. (Since ACL's can be bypassed since most ACL rules are case sensitive)

I performance is of no concern - you could go crazy and force all URL's to lower case (using a filter to 30X redirects) then your ACL rules can be "simplified". But even that idea might have some flaws in it.

-Tim

Alexander Diedler wrote:

Hello,

We have an Application based on IIS 6.0 and Tomcat 6.0.18. In this Application will be opened a PDF (href=start.PDF). In this PDF are many links to other documents, that will be opened in the browser. (KapA.PDF, KapB.PDF). Now the distributor deliver updatefiles with changing extensions or names. The link is KapA.PDF in the overview, but the file is called KapA.pdf on filesystem and Tomcat said 404 because “PDF” not equal “pdf”. Also it can be kapb.pdf in Overview and filesystem KAPB.PDF

Is there are any option to disable case-sensitive on Tomcat or it is a “base-feature” of Java architecture?

Greetings

Alexander