I am trying to take a thread dump of a Tomcat 5.5.20 instance running on a
machine to which I connect using remote desktop... Based on a,
http://www.nabble.com/Tomcat-thread-dump:-unable-to-open-the-event-mutex-td10803435.html
/console option (i.e. Start -> Run -> mstsc.exe /console) ...  Here's what
I've found...

1) The Tomcat Manager that ships with 5.5.20 will continue to give the "The
system can not find the
file specified. Unable to open the Event Mutex" error message even when I
connect with the /console option
2) Swapping tomcat5.exe and tomcat5w.exe with the versions that ship with
the latest version of Tomcat 6 (6.0.20), I am able to get thread dumps
successfully...

My question is though: is it guaranteed that the version of procrun that
ships with tomcat6 is completely compatible with tomcat 5.5.20?

Thanks,

Omair