From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com] Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 11:22 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Beginner with apache

Hi.

In the information below, you forgot to mention
- what version of Tomcat this is
- on what platform this is

From bits and pieces below, I guess that this may be Tomcat 5.5.? , on a RedHat Linux system. The basic answer to your question #1 below is yes, and to your question #2 also. But the details depend very much on how Tomcat is set up on this particular system (directories etc..), and that, nobody here really knows, because it looks like a RedHat-specific package, which installs the bits and pieces of some version of Tomcat 5.5 in RedHat-specific locations and with RedHat-specific configuration files.

So I guess this part you should ask to the RedHat support hotline.

A general explanation of how this all works is available here :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/index.html
and particularly in your case here :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/appdev/index.html
(Deployment organisation)

The principles are universal. But the details (which directories etc..) are specific to each platform-specific pre-packaged Tomcat.

Hracek, Petr wrote:
Hello all,
sorry for this beginner question but I do not know who to setup my
servlet.
On the machine is installed and run apache server as well. Version is
2.2.3.
In the configuration file is mentioned:
JkMount /sso/servlet/* ajp13
JkMount /swt/servlet/* ajp13
My TOMCAT_HOME directory is /srv/www/tomcat55/base/. I have to question 1) My servlets are stored in the another directories e.g.
/opt/sso/servlets, /opt/swt/servlets, etc.
Is it possible somewho to set tomcat so that it will allow to run
servlets from those directories?
2) If question 1 is not allowed then not another question from my side
occurs:
- is it possible to make a directory structure as
/srv/www/tomcat55/base/ROOT/sso/WEB-INF and
/srv/www/tomcat55/base/ROOT/swt/WEB-INF
    where will be placed those servlets? How to configure web.xml file?
regards
Petr