From: Varuna Seneviratna <varunasenevira...@gmail.com>
Date: 2009/7/21
Subject: Re: Is it not possible to install apache-tomcat-6.0.20 with a J2SE
5 JRE
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>

> > I installed Tomcat using apache-tomcat-6.0.20.exe But not as a
> > service.
>
> First mistake.

I did this after trying several times to install Tomcat as a service using
the windows service installer.

> Then from the bin I tried to run "tomcat6.exe service runner"
>
> Second mistake - the tomcat6.exe program is indeed the service runner; it
> is not the service *installer*.
>
> You can manually install the service, but it's a major pain to get all the
> parameters right.  The easiest thing for you to do now is get the .zip
> download, copy the service.bat script from its bin directory to your
> Tomcat's bin directory, and run that.  If you haven't done anything major
> with the .exe installation, you could also just throw that away and start
> over.

I new that it was not the service installer But I tried whether it could be
used to run Tomcat as a service since all efforts to get it installed as a
service has failed
        Next now I will try the second option Chuck has put forward

Thanks Varuna

--
Kind Regards Varuna

Varuna Seneviratna