2009/7/21 Varuna Seneviratna <varunasenevira...@gmail.com>:
> The set up dialog box that pops up saying unable to proceed has has 3
> buttons, the first is "Abort" second "Retry", third "Ignore".When I keep on
> clicking "Retry" for several times the setup goes a step forward and the
> Kaspersky icon at the bottom right corner display a message as "NS130.TMP
> placed in low restricted area" and again it stops with the dialog box popped
> up and again I keep on clicking "Retry" then the setup goes a step forward
> and Kaspersky again displays a message as before saying that it has placed
> another .TMP file in the low restricted area.The setup always stops when it
> displays the message "Using jvm:C:/Program
> Files/Java/jre6/bin/client/jvm.dll.
>
> Can it be because of Kaspersky setting that I am unable to install Tomcat
> service?

Yes, that is highly probable.

I am also using Kaspersky 2009 (as seems you are using), and it asks
me to give permission to this setup application to modify system
services (I do not remember exact message, and I do not have a copy of
it on the PC that I use at this very moment, so it is all from my
memory). I always choose "allow" and "in this session" and it goes on,
but my Kaspersky was installed to run in interactive mode (ask the
user about its decisions), and I do not know about your settings. I do
not know, maybe you already clicked the "forbid" item when you were
asked, or maybe it did not ask you at all.

In any case, Kaspersky can be temporarily disabled from menu that pops
up when you right-click its icon in the tray, or from its
configuration dialog.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko