Hi,

Juha Laiho schreef:
No, chrooting really does limit filesystem access to directories
to within a specified directory tree. Whatever you want to access
from a chrooted process must reside within that same chroot restriction.

Ok, this confirms my supposition, thanks.

Note though, that these (chrooting) questions have little or no relation
with Tomcat as is, but would be more properly handled in an OS-related
forum.
I fully agree with you; hoping for an answer I set out by knocking on a familiar door in that big world. Thanks ever so much for your elaborate and kind help.

Kind regards,

Ron