Hi,

I posted a similar message a while ago but didn't get round to fixing the
issue. I'm back at this problem again...basically i want to deploy a web
service developed and running within Eclipse to a standalone Tomcat Server.

The web service runs fine within Eclipse on a Tomcat 6 Server. I want to
deploy this to an external Tomcat server(not running within eclipse) but I
am unsure how. Below are a list of newbie questions related to deploying. I
have developed the service using axis2 in a similar fashion to the tutorial
referenced here(my code is completely different but i used similar
methodology)
http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/community/tutorials/BottomUpAxis2WebService/bu_tutorial.html

I know (I think!) I need to File>Export>Web>WAR File. Is this correct? There
must be more to it!!

What do I do with the .jars referenced in Java Build Path and Java EE Module
dependencies - do these get added to the WAR or do I need to manually copy
this to tomcat server. If so to what folder?

The web service references .config files on my c: drive that sets up JDBC
driver etc. I probably need to change location of these files to a folder in
Tomcat? What is protocol?

The service also references a log4j properties stored file in the src
folder. Where should I put this on Tomcat server?

The log4j properties file sets up a log file on my c: drive. I probabl need
to edit location of log file, again what is protocol?

Is there an easy way of testing the deployed .war is running correctly?

Do I need to put the axis2 .jar on the Tomcat?

As you can see they are basically a list of newbie questions. All help
appreciated.

Thanks...