Hello,

I understand the current situation. But i have to content with tomcat 4.

Please help me solve this issue.

--- On Thu, 6/8/09, André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com> wrote:

From: André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com>
Subject: Re: issue : tomcat4 shutdown
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date: Thursday, 6 August, 2009, 12:53 PM

sunil chandran wrote:
> Hello Sir,
>  I am using tomcat 4. When i shutdown tomcat i get this error.

Sunil,
as someone on this list may already have told you, Tomcat 4 is a *very old*
version of Tomcat (5 years or more).  It is no longer being developed or
supported.  The current version of Tomcat is 6.0.20. Between Tomcat 4.1 and
6.0.20, there have been major versions 5.0 and 5.5.
You need to upgrade, because you will not find many people anywhere still
willing to spend time helping debug a problem with Tomcat 4.1.
Upgrading from Tomcat 4.1 to Tomcat 5.5 for example, is very little problem..