Christopher Schultz wrote:
> André,
>
> On 8/6/2009 3:23 AM, André Warnier wrote:
>> sunil chandran wrote:
>>> Hello Sir,
>>>
>>> I am using tomcat 4. When i shutdown tomcat i get this error.
>>>
>> Sunil,
>> as someone on this list may already have told you, Tomcat 4 is a *very
>> old* version of Tomcat (5 years or more).  It is no longer being
>> developed or supported.
>
> No, Tomcat 4.1 is still supported, but it's basically only going to get
> very important security updates from here on out.

That is incorrect. 4.1.40 was the last 4.1.x release as the release
announcement made clear. [1]

There was also an announcement around 12 months ago that the last 4.1.x
release could be around June 2009. [2]

It isn't impossible that there will be another 4.1.x release but it is
extremely unlikely - even if a significant security vulnerability was
discovered.

Mark

[1] http://markmail.org/message/ak6kxign4ro3agdu
[2] http://markmail.org/message/6uky4ymffyiakk4v