Hello list.

I am working in a Win2003/CentOS 5.3 environment and have run into a
Java error today that has me baffled.  It is the first time that anyone
here has seen this particular error.  It appears to be insinuating that
a connection is being lost and then something is trying to close it
again - at least according to what I've been able to dig up thus far on
Google and in various forums - but I am unsure of why this connection is
closing unexpectedly or what is trying to close it the second time.  For
the sake of clarity, it is important to note that the Java applications
are running on CentOS, not Windows.  The server logs don't shed any
light on this issue so I thought that I would check in and see if this
was familiar to any of you.  The text of the error appears as follows:

TIME                      THREAD
LEVEL                    CATEGORY
MESSAGE

5731071296       ajp-0.0.0.0-8009-3                      FATAL
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspFactoryImpl          Exception initializing
page context

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot create a session after the
response has been committed
     at
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.doGetSession(Request.java:2301)
     at
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getSession(Request.java:2075)
     at
org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getSession(RequestFacade.jav
a:833)
     at
org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getSession(RequestFacade.jav
a:844)
     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl._initialize(PageContextImpl.ja
va:144)
     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.initialize(PageContextImpl.jav
a:122)
     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspFactoryImpl.internalGetPageContext(JspFacto
ryImpl.java:106)
     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspFactoryImpl.getPageContext(JspFactoryImpl.j
ava:62)
     at org.apache.jsp.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:65)
     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
     at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:373)
     at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:336)

     at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
     at
tionFilterChain.java:290)
     at
erChain.java:206)
     at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilte
r.java:96)
     at
tionFilterChain.java:235)
     at
erChain.java:206)
     at
e.java:230)
     at
e.java:175)
     at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAs
sociationValve.java:179)
     at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.j
ava:84)
     at
:127)
     at
:102)
     at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConn
ectionValve.java:157)
     at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:
393)
     at
java:109)
     at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:2
62)
     at
org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:437)
     at
org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProtocol$AjpConnectionHandler.process(AjpProtoc
ol.java:366)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

If any of you lovely people can help me find some insight on this error,
I would appreciate it greatly.

Gwen Way

Support Analyst

CyberSource Corporation