Gwen Way wrote:
Hmmm...  I will check with the developers then, although the three
people on my team are theoretically the only ones with access to make
changes to the app.  Thank you again, Mark.

If you worry how come that application previously worked but now it doesn't, I can think of at least two reasons:

1. HttpServletResponse buffer size is determined by the server at runtime, and for different reasons now your server decides to use smaller buffer than earlier, so it gets filled and committed before you set a cookie.

2. You fill the buffer with dynamic data (say, from database) and that data is now bigger than earlier and the buffer gets filled and committed before you set a cookie.

IOW, the only good way is to set a cookie is before writing anything to the response, unless you have precise control on the HttpServletReponse buffer which is rarely the case.

Regards,
Ognjen