From: Mark Thomas [mailto:ma...@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:40 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: "Exception Initializing Page Context"

Gwen Way wrote:
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot create a session after the
> response has been committed

Seems pretty clear.

Creating a session requires setting some headers (to send the session
cookie to the client). You can't do that after the response has been
committed (usually after a few kilobytes of data has been written).

The solution? Create your session earlier, ideally before yousend any
content to the client.

Mark