Hi everyone,

I sincerely hope someone can point me in the right direction here. I have
set-up a data source using the context.xml file located inside my META-INF
and added the relevant entry in the web apps web.xml. I also have the MySQL
connector/j driver inside my own apps lib as well as inside the server's
lib(same version). When running the app on my local machine it works without
any hassles b.t.w. I am connecting to the remote db server from my local
machine.

Now when I deploy the .war to the server in which the db is running, the
archive is deployed but when I now try to get a connection to the same db
and same server as from my local machine I get:

Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

I do test whether I can get a context before trying to connect to the db:

try {
Context initialContext = new InitialContext();
Context envContext = (Context)initialContext.lookup("java:comp/env");
if(envContext != null) {
        DataSource dataSource =
(DataSource)envContext.lookup("jdbc/wuMaps");
        conn = dataSource.getConnection();
} else {
        log.error("Houston we have a problem.... No Context!");
}

The name jdbc/wuMaps is also exactly the same in the web.xml as well as the
context.xml, any ideas why the app cannot find the data source on the
server? I look forward to hearing from everyone.

--
Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling