From: Michael Ludwig [mailto:mil...@gmx.de]
Sent: 01 September 2009 12:56 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Strange problem with data source Tomcat 6.0.18

sch...@afrigis.co.za schrieb am 01.09.2009 um 00:29:34 (+0200):

> I am starting to think it might very well have to do with my
> context.xml file. I just saw in the logs that Tomcat was actually
> giving error saying that it could not deploy myapp.xml. After reading
> some on the web I discovered that this is actually my context.xml that
> Tomcat is picking up and then renames to my app's name but then
> something goes wrong.... Here is my context.xml file, I have changed
> it slightly since I saw the error removing path

  The value of this field must not be set except when statically
  defining a Context in server.xml, as it will be inferred from the
  filenames used for either the .xml context file or the docBase.

> and docbase

  The value of this field must not be set when the Context is configured
  using a META-INF/context.xml file as it will be inferred by the
  automatic deployment process.

> and adding factory

Probably not necessary.

> Might there be an ever so slightly different way that this is handled
> with Tomcat on Linux as opposed to Windows?

There are some slight differences pertaining to case-insensitive
filesystems, but that's probably not relevant here.

> <context debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

Try capitalizing <context> to <Context>.

--
Michael Ludwig

AfriGIS e-mail facility may not be used for the distribution of chain
letters or offensive email. AfriGIS hereby distances itself from and accepts
no liability for the unauthorized use of its e-mail facility or the sending
of e-mail communications for other than strictly business purposes. AfriGIS
furthermore disclaims liability for any unauthorized instruction for which
permission was not granted. Required as per Sec 50 Companies Act 61 of 1973
Afrigis Pty LTD Reg No 1997/0067/1607.