From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com]
Sent: 31 August 2009 11:26 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Strange problem with data source Tomcat 6.0.18

> From: sch...@afrigis.co.za [mailto:sch...@afrigis.co.za]
> Subject: Strange problem with data source Tomcat 6.0.18
>
> I also have the MySQL connector/j driver inside my own apps lib
> as well as inside the server's lib(same version).

Don't ever do that.  A given class must appear in only *one* place in any
particular branch of the classloader tree.  A picture of the tree is here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

Until you correct that duplication, nothing you try will be reliable.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.

AfriGIS e-mail facility may not be used for the distribution of chain
letters or offensive email. AfriGIS hereby distances itself from and accepts
no liability for the unauthorized use of its e-mail facility or the sending
of e-mail communications for other than strictly business purposes. AfriGIS
furthermore disclaims liability for any unauthorized instruction for which
permission was not granted. Required as per Sec 50 Companies Act 61 of 1973
Afrigis Pty LTD Reg No 1997/0067/1607.