On 19.07.2009 20:46, James Abley wrote:
> James Abley wrote:
>> This assumes that mod_jk is thread-safe and doesn't suffer from the known
>> problems with non-thread-safe modules in worker MPM. Can anyone confirm
>> that's true?

> Answering my own question; from the docs, it looks like mod_jk is built by
> default to be thread-safe, and you need to switch that off using the
> --enable-prefork option at build time. [1]

> [1]
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/apache.html#configure%20arguments

Don't know, whether this is still relevant after a couple of weeks: yes,
the above is true, at least since a couple of versions of mod_jk.

Previously it tried to detect the MPM during build, but that was broken
for some platforms like AIX, so we thought it's safer to assume a
threaded environment by default, also allowing to switch between the
MPMs without recompilation of mod_jk.

Regards,

Rainer