Thanks Chris.  Still not having any luck. Let me give you the snippet of
the code so that you can understand the problem better:

I have a servlet like this

protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response) throws ServletException, IOException {

           // some code

                RequestFacade rf = (RequestFacade) request;    // this
throws a class cast exception
                Request realRequest = new
MyRequestFacade().getRequest(rf);
               Context ctx = _realRequest.getContext();
               StandardManager sessionMgr = (StandardManager)
ctx.getManager();
               sessionMgr.getActiveSessions();

}

When I debug I see that the request object coming into doGet method of the
servlet is RequestFacade but I can't assign it directly to a RequestFacade
object or can't type cast it. Although when I type cast it I don't get any
compilation error but at runtime it throws as a ClassCastException.

Am I doing something stupid here? :-( Looks simple it is so frustrating as
when I debug I can open the RequestFacade object and see the Request
Object, Context, Manager and all the information I need but I don't know
how to access it.

Any thoughts from fresh pair eyes?

Thanks,
Muthu Chandir