I'm reorganizing an existing project according to the generally accepted
Java directory structure
(http://java.sun.com/blueprints/code/projectconventions.html#23136), and
everything seems to be working all right, but there's one thing I don't
understand that seems like it should be a common problem with a common
solution.  Currently, when I build a project for testing, it compiles the
Java source, bundles everything into a .war, inserts it into the Tomcat
webapps directory, and expands it.  However, in order to make a small change
to a jsp file, css file, etc., I have to go through the entire build process
again.

I'd like to be able to set up a system in which I can make a change to a css
file (or whatever) and see the change after reloading the page - i.e.,
without having to run another build.

Is there a common way to do this?