Hi all,

I need to find out what is the difference between running Tomcat 6 as
a Windows Service and running it from the command line.

The reason is that I'm getting a bizarre bug when a jython based
servlet is run under Tomcat6-as-Service. But the bug does NOT appear
when Tomcat 6 is run from the command line using bin\startup.bat.

I'm using Windows Server 2003.

Rather than describe the whole thing in this email, I've recorded all
of the details in the jython bug tracker.

Jython crashes in unknown circumstances when running on Tomcat 6 as
Windows Service
http://bugs.jython.org/issue1489

Can anyone point me to documentation which describes the differences
between the two operating modes?

Regards,

Alan Kennedy.