Alan Kennedy:

> I need to find out what is the difference between running Tomcat 6 as
> a Windows Service and running it from the command line.
>
> The reason is that I'm getting a bizarre bug when a jython based
> servlet is run under Tomcat6-as-Service. But the bug does NOT appear
> when Tomcat 6 is run from the command line using bin\startup.bat.

The most prominent difference I can think of is the user account Tomcat
runs as.
Although I have no idea why this should cause the endless recursion you
are seeing, I'd (temporarily) change the user account of the Tomcat
service to your personal account and see if the problem still exists.

--
Regards
  mks