On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:40, Alan Kennedy <alan.kennedy.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion Markus, it was a good one.
>
> Unfortunately, it did not solve the problem: the behaviour is exactly
> the same when running under my own account: the bug still occurs.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alan.

Besides the user account, other possible differences are which Tomcat
installation is being used, which Java installation is being used, and
various options passed to both Java and Tomcat. Max memory size and
thread stack size are a couple to look at. It's even possible that
you're running completely different versions of both Tomcat and Java
in the two scenarios.

For the Windows service the options are set in the "Configure Tomcat"
app (tomcat6w.exe). For startup.bat the options are set in various
environment variables and batch files. See the Tomcat docs for more
details because I sure can't remember them all. :-)
--
Len