From: George Sexton [mailto:geor...@mhsoftware.com]
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 1:56 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Compression and SSL

You didn't read the original post very closely.

>> to serve applications from the US to Asia-based clients.

It's bandwidth and latency.

> ... or a CPU-limited server.
>
> To the OP: What's the bottleneck in your environment?  CPU?  Disk I/O?
> Network bandwidth?  Measure the problem, *then* look for solutions to
> the
> problem that actually exists.  If you've measured and you have CPU to
> spare
> but are bandwidth-limited, then compression will help a great deal!
>
> - Peter

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/
Voice: 303 438 9585

*******************************  NOTICE  *********************************
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply or by
telephone (call us collect at 512-343-9100) and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.