From: David Balažic [mailto:xerc...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2009 11:44 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Possible to do async processing?

Hi!

We are using tomcat 6.0 and now we have the need to trigger from the
service() method of a  servlet.

So:
 - a request arrives
 - the servlet triggers an async event
 - servlet sends response and closes
 - the async task is done (independent of servlet opeartion)

Is there a way to do this?

Or create threads by hand?

Regards,
David