2009/11/16 Joseph Morgan <joseph.mor...@ignitesales.com>:
> Yes, there is a way, and I suspect you're doing "fire-and-forget" processing,
> but, could you give us a better idea as to what you are trying to do?
>
> Tomcat will handle servlet requests in multiple threads if needed, anyway.
> So it may not be necessary.  I'm thinking you might want to investigate a
> messaging system, such as OpenMQ.
>
> BTW:  To create a thread by hand, look at the Java docs for the Thread class
> and the Runnable interface. Keep in mind, this could get really out of hand
> if there are a lot of requests and you don't understand how to properly
> manage threads in this environment.

Yes, that is why I ask. (I know how to create threads).

So Tomcat has nothing like this in itself? Any trick , shortcut?

It will be something triggered like a few times in an hour and would
take less than a minute to process, to there should be no overload
problems (famous last words...)

Regards,
David