Hello Kranti,

first of all I strongly believe in open source software and don't like
to obfuscate things. But well.

1. If you have internet connectivity on the target server you could
only deploy a skeleton of your application and load the
protect-worthly classes
directly from your servers with own classloading with some funny
remoteid exchange system. This way even the compile version of the
application will never be directly available on customers hard drive
(you must consider swapping and memory snapshots, but modern OSes
encode them). It's cheap but will probably add a load of complexity,
which you have to manage and, logically, your customer have to pay.

2. precompile jsps and use a code obfuscator on the jsps and compiled
classes (they replace all private methods and variables with a1,a2,
and so on). There are some on the market, more or less good. Use also
css/js minifier, they obfuscate as well.

3. create a genial encryption algorithm with some one-time passwords
and let the customers call you each time they restart the server for a
new password. Maybe charge them per password. The server can then
decrypt the classes with the password before it starts the webapp.

4. put the code and tomcat onto a usb stick with unreadable filesystem
and hack yourself into the usb protocol. Drawback: you'll have to
patch the browsers to accept urls like usb://localhost/yourapp.

5. stop wasting your time and invest it into developing new features
and actually selling your product. If its worth copying it will be
copied this way or other. So far no one has managed to protect its
software against copying, better concentrate on things you really CAN
achieve.

regards
Leon