On 29/01/2010 15:27, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Pid [mailto:p...@pidster.com]
Subject: Re: tomcat memory usage

So the MaxNewSize, despite often being seen at high values in
jmap outputs, is actually only applicable if the 'mx' allows it?

Correct.  Do you have an example of an erroneous MaxNewSize display?  I seem to
recall some problems with 32-bit JVMs and incorrect treatment of unsigned
integers causing problems in the past.

Not to hand, I'll poke around.

Probably the source of my confusion is that I think I remember seeing the default value of MaxNewSize as 4096M, despite having manually set a lower value for mx.

attachments from all computers.