To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 1:57 PM
Subject: RE: Tomcat dies suddenly

From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.koli...@gmail.com]

Actually, 6.0.24 version *will* exit silently if it is terminated
by a signal.

To reproduce (on Windows):
1. Run Tomcat in a console window.
2. Press Ctrl+C
3. Tomcat shutdowns in several seconds, cleanly, but silently.

Not for me; I get the following in catalina.2010-02-12.log after entering CTRL-C:

Feb 12, 2010 12:53:42 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol pause
INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

This is Tomcat 6.0.24, JDK 1.6.0_14, Windows XP Pro 32-bit.

- Chuck