2010/2/13 millerKiller <smille8...@hotmail.com>:

> And then as far as Root and ROOT, then come on, you know what I am talking
> about.  Were not talking about case sensitive environmental operating system
> features / registry files.  I feel like the comment on this was more of an
> insult then to inform me.  (if you don't know what I am talking about then
> maybe I need to talk to someone else)

Believe us, what was said about ROOT vs Root is important.

> They tell me nothing useful that I already did not know.  Is everyone on
> your forums this stuck up.  This is bullcrap!

Try this one:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#keepcool

It might be that
1. You have already another instance of Tomcat running. On Windows
usually one Tomcat instance is installed as a service. If it is
already started, you won't be able to start another instance from
within Eclipse IDE using the same port numbers (There are three port
numbers used, all configured in server.xml).

2. There might be a firewall/security software that prevents listening
on that port. Thus the unusual "Unrecognized Windows Sockets error".

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko