I do not mean to insult your intelligence on the matter, but we are not
getting anywhere on the matter.  I feel like we are going off on a tangent
and are just wasting time (because you don't know the solution).  Everything
you have told me to do then I already know about and would like to correct
you on some of the things you told me.  First of all, I know what
connections and sockets are and infact, a socket is a connection!  (Don't
argue with the intricate details of whether a unconnected socket is a
connection or a dormant connection waiting to happen because anything
valuable do with a socket is a connection!)  I have programmed large
concurrent/multithreading programming projects including torents and servers
that deal with all kinds of sockets in many different contexts in many
different languages.  I know what a socket is!  Anything valuable to do with
a socket is a connection!  And.... how do you define a socket without its
port number and IPaddress?  A socket is meaningless without this.  If you
don't believe me then here are some references from Sun's documentation and
from RFC's (Request for comments from the internet):

Definition:  A socket is one endpoint of a two-way communication link
between two programs running on the network. A socket is bound to a port
number so that the TCP layer can identify the application that data is
destined to be sent.

An endpoint is a combination of an IP address and a port number. Every TCP
connection can be uniquely identified by its two endpoints. That way you can
have multiple connections between your host and the server.
So don't get lost in technicalities that are meaningless to the situation.
I mean sure, there can be other connections besides sockets (subset of), but
dude, getting lost in these technicalities to try and show  superiority does
nothing to help figure out the situation.  Now I am sure you know more about
the architecture of Tomcat then I do(maybe not, but will give you the
benefit of the doubt), I am not disputing that.  I am a masters student in
computer science with a bachelors in math and computer engineering and I
feel very insulted by the last two posts.  I mean, the way they were
structured (especially the last one) have bothered me.  My problem is not
the logists of the science, but the Tomcat application itself.

As far as the other replies then you say there is a problem since my windows
machine (windows 7 ultimate) isn't showing the other ports being listened on
(bound).  Since they are redirect connections, then I wouldn't be surprised
if a socket (connection), only opens up when a page is redirecting so I
don't believe that is the problem. (Maybe it is, but I doubt it)

And then as far as Root and ROOT, then come on, you know what I am talking
about.  Were not talking about case sensitive environmental operating system
features / registry files.  I feel like the comment on this was more of an
insult then to inform me.  (if you don't know what I am talking about then
maybe I need to talk to someone else)

And then as far as the other guy that posted:
>read all of the other posts and not just half of them?
Yes, I did read the posts several times to see if I was missing something.
They tell me nothing useful that I already did not know.  Is everyone on
your forums this stuck up.  This is bullcrap!

Once again I am not insulting you on your expertise of Tomcat, but I regret
you cannot say the same for me.  I feel like this forum is a waste of time
for newbies in the realm of computer science / networking to try and show
superiority over others because they know more on a specific applicaiton.
The people here are not willing to get in and help if it includes more than
the easy icing.  What I am going to do next is either try another forum,
reinstall my tomcat and eclipse, or go meet with some professionals that
know tomcat.  (my buddies up at the University).  If there is anyone that is
willing to help me then let me know, otherwise good day to everyone and good
luck.
Good luck and good day to you.