I accept your apology and owe you one to.  The post that threw me off the
rocker was the post that told me to look through all of the messages and not
just parts of.  I apologize...
,but now that we are on the same page and using the same terminology, would
you mind if I ask you some questions?  The last post was interesting and I
had some questions:

If so, here they are:
(1)  On startup, does Tomcat have to set up these dormant
sockets(inactive/listening/passive) or, does Tomcat create them upon a need
base?
(2)  This one might answer number (1). Why does Tomcat use the three
different sockets, doesn't it just need a single server listening socket?
(3)

  > Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State           PID
  >TCP    0.0.0.0:80             0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING       6104
  >TCP    0.0.0.0:8009           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING       6104
  >TCP    [::]:80                [::]:0                 LISTENING       6104
  >TCP    [::]:8009              [::]:0                 LISTENING       6104
 >The Foreign Address will always be 0.0.0.0 for passive open (LISTENING)
ports.

I am testing the server on localHost and am getting
Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State           PID
 TCP    127.0.0.1:8005             0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
520

Is this valid since I using localHost?

(4)If nothing else is using the ports that I mentioned earlier when I use
netstat -ano,  then why does it think there is a bind somewhere?

Thanks