On 30/04/2010 10:58, Nuno Faria wrote:
> contactos is a folder in my sites_empresa.lardocelar.com application
> so the URLs should work fine.
> In server.xml I have
>
> <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">
>
>          <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
>             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>             xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>
>       <Host name="sites_empresa.lardocelar.com" debug="0"
> appBase="c:/caixatec/webapps/sites_empresa/"
>        unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>        xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>
>         <Context path="" docBase="" debug="1"/>

There's a problem with the above, the docBase should not be set to an
empty value.  If you've named the app:

 /caixatec/webapps/sites_empresa/ROOT

Then you don't need the above Context definition.  Instead place the
following in:

 ROOT/META-INF/context.xml

 <Context/>

I think the 'debug' attribute has been removed.  See the following URL
for any attributes you might need to set:

>         <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>                  directory="logs"  prefix="site_empresa_log." suffix=".txt"
>             timestamp="false"/>
>
>       </Host>
>
> </Engine>
>
> Following Martin tip I noticed something different from what I would
> see in Tomcat 5.5.
>
> All the JSP files that are on my app ROOT folder compile just fine and
> the java and classes are generated in
> C:\caixatec\programs\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\work\Catalina\sites_empresa.lardocelar.com\_\org\apache\jsp
>
> However the URL
> http://sites_empresa.lardocelar.com:8080/includes/application_logger.jsp
>
> Generated its class and java files in
> C:\caixatec\programs\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\work\Catalina\sites_empresa.lardocelar.com\includes\org\apache\jsp
>
> Is this normal behaviour in Tomcat 6? I was expecting them at
> C:\caixatec\programs\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\work\Catalina\sites_empresa.lardocelar.com\_\org\apache\jsp\includes

Yes, the faulty Context definition in server.xml is likely to be causing
the includes dir to be deployed as it's own application.