> From: Nuno Faria [mailto:nuno.m.fa...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Log4j logging doesn't work when a web application is moved
> outside Tomcat/webapps directory
>
> Following this thread and reading the docs I created virtual hosts
> using the same webapps dir

That's a really, really bad idea - the hosts can easily scribble on each other
when expanding war files.  Don't do it, even in development.

> (it is a development environment with CVS and I would have
> to change many things to accomplish one webapp folder per
> virtual host).

Much better to spend the effort up front to do things the right way than have
to always wonder if the cause of strange behavior is due to having an invalid
configuration.

> <Context path="" docBase="foo" reloadable="true" />

As always, don't put <Context> elements in server.xml.  The above got you
double deployment of the foo webapp, once as foo, once as the default.

Why do people invite problems when it's so easy to do things properly?

>     <Context path="" docBase="bar" reloadable="true" />

Same comment as above.

> with this I avoid full apps initialization on Tomcat Startup

No, you don't - each app has to be initialized for each <Host> (or in your
case, multiple times for each <Host>).  All you might have avoided is expanding
the .war files, which for development purposes you didn't need in the first
place.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.