On 05/07/2010 09:02 PM, Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX wrote:

I ended up turning IIS off and now run my site using Tomcat only.  Everything
seems to be working fine with just Tomcat serving up static HTTP.  I don't even
notice a difference.

Using isapi_redirect makes sense if you need to load balance
several backends or merge Servlet and .NET technologies
into the same app.
People are also using it inside intranets for integrated security
against domain controllers.

Since you have very simple requirements with no obvious
need for IIS, having Tomcat standalone is fine.
By using Tomcat Native it'll even handle static load at the
same rate as any other "native" web server.

Regards
--
^TM