From: "peter_f...@blm.gov" <peter_f...@blm.gov>
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Sent: Wed, June 16, 2010 9:42:35 PM
Subject: Tomcat 6.0 documentation: is classloading description correct?

Looking at section 10 of the 6.0 user guide, which describes classloading,
the text makes perfect sense and matches the way I understand things work.
However the summary at the end of the section "Class Loader Definitions"
looks wrong; it basically says that the search order is...

Bootstrap
$CLASSPATH
WEB-INF/classes
WEB-INF/lib/*.jar
$CATALINA_HOME/lib
$CATALINA_HOME/lib/*.jar

...when my understanding is it should be...

WEB-INF/classes
WEB-INF/lib/*.jar
Bootstrap
$CLASSPATH
$CATALINA_HOME/lib
$CATALINA_HOME/lib/*.jar

So, is the documentation just wrong, or have I misunderstood something?