When I wrote "CLASSPATH" I meant the classpath value that's built up by the
catalina.sh - I'm well aware that it creates this from clean. I think
you're missing the point; CLASSPATH is used to set the System classloader's
search path, sure - but the question is where that loader fits into the
loader search order used by Tomcat. The docs say in one place that the
order is one way (WebApp first, then Boot, System and Common, which is as
I'd expect) but in another place right after that says that it's Boot,
System, WebApp, Common (which I think is wrong). I need confirmation that
that second part of the documentation is in error (or not, of course).