On 01/07/2010 15:52, John Byrne wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is the first line in my java servlet ukjava1900 it compiles OK
>
> package formprocessors;
>
> is it complete?

Yes.  It wouldn't compile otherwise.

'UkJava1900' would be better than 'ukjava1900'</pedant>

> I attach copy of my web.xml which i think is OK?

The list often strips attachments.  Please post inline, with comments
removed, in future.   It makes it easier to point out edits inline, as
below.

(It will also preserve the information you supplied for the achives so
others can learn too).

You posted:

<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd";
   version="2.5">

  <display-name>Welcome to Mult-i-tel International</display-name>
  <description>
     Welcome to Mult-i-tel International
  </description>

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>ukjava1900</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>webapps/comlinks/WEB-INF/classes/formprocessors/ukjava1900</servlet-class>

^^
This is incorrect: don't put a path here, just specify the classname,
which is currently "formprocessors.ukjava1900", a Servlet Container will
find it automatically.

  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>ukjava1900</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/ukjava1900</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

Which web.xml is this?

The one from comlinks/WEB-INF/web.xml, or somewhere else?