On Monday 12 July 2010 10:56:19 André Warnier wrote:

> Rainer Frey wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > in the default case (just one instance, supplied start scripts),
> > CATALINA_BASE is set to CATALINA_HOME. But this assignment,

in catalina.sh

> > if [ -z "$CATALINA_BASE" ] ; then
> >
> >   CATALINA_BASE="$CATALINA_HOME"
> >
> > fi
> >
> > is done *after* reading setenv.sh. Is this for a specific reason, or just
> > accidently?

[reason: using CATALINA_BASE in setenv.sh]

> To make clear what you mean and what you are asking, can you indicate
> exactly what version of Tomcat you are talking about, on which platform,
> and where you got it from ?

Tomcat 6.0.28 and 7.0.0, tar.gz downloads on Linux (I assumed at least the
platform was obvious when talking about .sh).

I assume this is the same situation in all Tomcat 6 and trunk versions.

> Also indicate in which script you find the
> assignment above, please.

Arggh. I was sure that I have typed catalina.sh somewhere! Must have deleted
it when reformulating the mail. Thanks for the quick reply!

Rainer