Hello,

For comparing performance of Apache Tomcat 7 with APR and Jboss Web Server
with APR version 2.1.4 with Tomcat 7   we have done a load test of an app.
The Open SSL and APR libtcnative files were in the path using the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable. The protocol used was HTTPS.

While doing load testing with HP Load Runner we observed the following
response times(seconds) for 100 concurrent users:
                               Tomcat7  JbossWebServer-2.1.4    Jboss4.2.3
Login                     94.63         38.74                 63.826
Prj Select                        57.15         23.835                  7.753
SaveData                 29.665         2.677                   1.681
PageRender               15.071         2.659                  12.456
Logout                    0.092         1.973                    0.089

For 50 concurrent users the following were the response times(seconds)

                                Tomcat7         JbossWebServer-2.1.4
Jboss
4.2.3
Login                           17.469          20.767

15.633
Prj Select                           1.942                9.212

3.431
SaveData                             1.209                1.663

2.222
PageRender                   1.207                4.447

2.091
Logout                       0.192                0.326

0.29

Tomcat7 has the following server.xml configuration :

<Connector port="28443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
SSLCertificateFile="${catalina.base}/conf/server.crt"
SSLCertificateKeyFile="${catalina.base}/conf/server.key"  />

As you see, the attributes  "acceptCount" and  "connectionTimeout" are not
specified. How much impact can these have on the response time of Apache
Tomcat 7?. What all the are the ways in which we can determine the cause of
the high response time for Tomcat?

The catalina.sh has the following JAVA_OPTS
-Xms128m -Xmx768m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

Also I noticed that RequestDumper Valve can no longer be used in Tomcat7.
Any specific reason why this has been removed - is there any alternative
debugging valve created? Since that is frequently used to debug the response
headers.

Thanks,
Shivani