De: Mark Thomas [mailto:ma...@apache.org]
Enviado el: dijous, 9 / setembre / 2010 12:39
Para: Tomcat Users List
Asunto: Re: Multi level webapp

On 09/09/2010 10:47, Oscar Segarra Rey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have an application (Gabjur) composed for several modules (AD, AX, FD...)
> that should be served throug:
>
> http://localhost/Gabjur/AD
> http://localhost/Gabjur/AX
> http://localhost/Gabjur/FD...
>
> 1.- I have created the context file Gabjur#AD.xml, Gabjur#AX.xml and so on...
> 2.- I have renamed the .war's to Gabjur#AD.war, Gabjur#FD.war
> 3.- System deploys perfectly the .war files.
>
> The appears when application has to be started.  When application starts up
> it creates automatically a file in the WEB-INF\classes folder called
> dfc.keystore but for any reason it is nota ble to create it in a folder
> containing the # character and therefore application does not start up.

Hmm. I wonder if there is a URL being constructed somewhere where the
'#' is not escaped.

Anyway, an app trying to create such a file is in breach of the Servlet
specifications. There is nothing to say that WARs have to be expanded or
even have to be served from a file system.

> Is there any workarround to create a multilevel  application ?

Sure.

You'll need to move your WARs outside of the host's appBase. It looks
like the app really needs exploded directories anyway, so...

Create a new directory *outside* of the Tomcat directory tree such as
/external-apps
Add
/external-apps/Gabjur_AD
/external-apps/Gabjur_AX
etc.

Expand your WARs into the appropriate directories.

Under $CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost you still have your xml files:
Gabjur#AD.xml
Gabjur#AX.xml
etc

To each of these, add a docBase attribute to the Context element that
points to the expanded directory. e.g for Gabjur#AD.xml

<Context docBase="/external-apps/Gabjur_AD" ... >
</Context>

HTH,

Mark