On Thursday 09 September 2010 13:59:50 you wrote:

> > If that doesn't help, it's obvious the Tomcat
> > doesn't close the socket, so should be investigated
> > why. Like said before, either the Tomcat doesn't
> > respond to shutdown or the shutdown's FIN packet
> > isn't send to the Tomcat or back to mod_jk,
> > due to some weird OS networking issues.

I think there's been rather a lot of speculation on this problem :-)

The change to fds.events appears to be working!  Thanks.

I'm somewhat surprised this hasn't been picked up anytime before?  We can't be
the only people deploying hundreds of worker threads/JBoss instances, and there
are no firewalls between mod_jk/JBoss.  I guess it's possible the AJP thread on
one sever was 'stuck'.

Do you fancy putting that change into the next release of mod_jk?