On 09/09/2010 03:22 PM, John Baker wrote:
On Thursday 09 September 2010 13:59:50 you wrote:

If that doesn't help, it's obvious the Tomcat
doesn't close the socket, so should be investigated
why. Like said before, either the Tomcat doesn't
respond to shutdown or the shutdown's FIN packet
isn't send to the Tomcat or back to mod_jk,
due to some weird OS networking issues.

I think there's been rather a lot of speculation on this problem :-)

The change to fds.events appears to be working!  Thanks.

Nice.

I'm somewhat surprised this hasn't been picked up anytime before?  We can't be
the only people deploying hundreds of worker threads/JBoss instances, and there
are no firewalls between mod_jk/JBoss.  I guess it's possible the AJP thread on
one sever was 'stuck'.

It depends on the OS networking layer thought.
POLLIN should be just enough to fire the poll if the socket was closed.

Do you fancy putting that change into the next release of mod_jk?

Sure.
I'll have to make some faulty AJP connector in Tomcat
that will close the socket after some timeout,
and see if that event wasn't propagated from our
socket.

Regards
--
^TM