Actually I'm not being smart in these questions at all. What I want to
do is investigate the code that writes the server.xml It doesn't
matter if I'm able to build it or not.

>There is some code that tries to save server.xml in the 5.5. tree. It
>was used by the admin app.

>Mark

Is anyone familiar with the part of code that tries to write
server.xml and where to find it. Simiarly I'm trying to find the code
that is called by the MBean server in the 6.0 branch.

I'm currently looking at

    public synchronized void storeConfig() throws Exception {

        ObjectName sname = null;
        try {
           sname = new ObjectName("Catalina:type=StoreConfig");
           if(mserver.isRegistered(sname)) {
               mserver.invoke(sname, "storeConfig", null, null);
           } else
               log.error("StoreConfig mbean not registered" + sname);
        } catch (Throwable t) {
            log.error(t);
        }

    }

but I can't figure out what Catalina:type=StoreConfig refers to. I
don't see a StoreConfig class and I'm not familiar with JMX. If its
refering to a method called storeConfig I can only see that in classes
that eventually call the piece of code posted.

Sorry for being a pain just trying to understand.

Wes