Hi,

Okay, I have now set up two <Host> elements inside server.xml with
appBases in two entirely different places...

  <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
  </Host>

  <Host name="http://blog.christopher.net.nz";
appBase="/home/roller/application"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
            xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false" />

</Engine>

Have restarted Tomcat, but Tomcat isn't unpacking
/home/roller/application/ROOT.war as expected.  The catalina.out log
doesn't seem to give a reason.  Have I missed an important step?

Thanks,

Chris.

> From: Christopher Dodunski [mailto:chrisfromsquir...@christopher.net.nz]
> Subject: Re: Configuring which Servlet is invoked

> So, based on your explanation below, Tomcat can actually have
> more than one default application?

Yes - there is always one per <Host>.

You need to make the blog <Host> the defaultHost, and have your
christopher app \
handled by a separate <Host> for blog.christopher.net.nz, with a different
appBase \
setting.  You could remove the fiddling done by httpd, and just rename the \
christopher app to ROOT for the second <Host>.

 - Chuck