> From: Mark Eggers [mailto:its_toas...@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Re: Configuring which Servlet is invoked

> If that's the case, then what I think you need are aliases
> along with the default host definition.

<Alias> elements are *never* needed with the defaultHost; adding them may serve
a documentation purpose, but not a functional one.  Remember, all requests for
domains that do not match a <Host> or <Alias> name are delivered to the
defaultHost, so specifying any <Alias> elements for that one is a waste of time
(and memory).

> You'll have to set up all aliases to resolve to the same IP
> address that is your host.

Not quite accurate; by default, Tomcat listens on all IP addresses assigned to
the box, so the domains can resolve to *any* IP address assigned to the server.

> For testing, this can be done in the hosts file.

Only if the client is running on the same system as Tomcat.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.