Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Brian [mailto:bbprefix-m...@yahoo.com] Subject: Spam

Since I enrolled in this list, I started to receive spam.

If you've never gotten spam before, you must be nearly unique.

Since the mailing list messages are archived in numerous public locations, it's
pretty much impossible to prevent the unscrupulous from harvesting members'
e-mail addresses.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Use a junk mail filter, either one provided by your ISP, or in your e-mail
client.

Alternatively, you can let them come in and read them before you discard them.
Many are funny, my general preference being for the ones (purportedly) coming
from Africa.
For the other boring ones, it is easy to filter them out.