HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 15:46:09 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
ETag: W/"1285-1289228872000"
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

0

HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 15:46:09 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
ETag: W/"15480-1290865988000"

Not saying that there may not be a problem in the isap_redirector, but in the answers above, I see a header
> Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

Are you sure that it is not IIS which is sending back these responses ?

Since you are talking about static pages and images, it may be that these are sent back directly by IIS, and never forwarded to Tomcat.

It may be useful to see the URLs which you are using in your requests, and the mappings which you do to the isapi_redirector and Tomcat, to verify this. (I believe that with the isapi_redirector, those mappings are in a file named "uriworkermap" or similar).