> Not saying that there may not be a problem in the isap_redirector, but
> in the answers above, I see a header  > Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
>
> Are you sure that it is not IIS which is sending back these responses ?
>
> Since you are talking about static pages and images, it may be that
> these are sent back directly by IIS, and never forwarded to Tomcat.
>
> It may be useful to see the URLs which you are using in your requests,
> and the mappings which you do to the isapi_redirector and Tomcat, to
verify this.
> (I believe that with the isapi_redirector, those mappings are in a
> file named "uriworkermap" or similar).

Hello,
thanks for your answer.

I configured my uriworkermap to redirect all requests of a virtual host to
Tomcat, like this:

  /www.mydomain.net/*=worker1

So all URLs on that domain should be mapped to Tomcat, also the static
files.

The header "Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0" is added by IIS to every request,
also on requests which map to Tomcat Servlets.

When I access a static resource on another virtual host on IIS which doesn't
forward to Tomcat, then the IIS response reads like:

HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified
Last-Modified: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 23:07:52 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
ETag: "c4767a71859cb1:1738"
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 19:36:15 GMT

This time, there is no Content-Length header, so I think that one was added
by the ISAPI Redirector for the requests which mapped to Tomcat, and when I
set "enable_chunked_encoding" to "false", the symptoms disappear (HTTP
headers of next request displayed in Firefox as plain text), but there still
is either a "Content-Length: 0" or "Connection: close" header (which is used
when the content length is unknown, but I have disabled chunked encoding so
the server closes the connection when the content body is completed).
However there shouldn't be any "Content-Length" header or a "Connection:
close" header on a HTTP 304 status as far as I understand the HTTP spec.

Kind regards,
Konstantin Preisser