> At the moment I can't reproduce this issue any more. It happened
> some days ago, when I was viewing the webapp by Firefox and
> pressed F5 several times, when I noticed that Firefox sometimes
> displayed HTTP Headers as plain text. I used a network sniffer to
> see what the responses looked like, and found that HTTP 304
> images (png, jpeg) and css files).

OK, I have experimented a bit and can reproduce the issue (with the unfixed
version of ISAPI redirector 1.2.31).

I have used a webapp with custom Error pages (static html files). My web.xml
looks like this:
  <error-page>
    <error-code>404</error-code>
    <location>/WEB-INF/errorpages/404.htm</location>
  </error-page>

Now if I do a GET-Request with an "If-modified-since" header to a file which
doesn't exist, Tomcat returns a 302 Not Modified response instead of 404 Not
Found. I think this is because Tomcat compares the date after the
"Is-modified-since" header to the date of the static 404 error file, thus
returning 302 instead of 404.

If such a request to an non-existing file is processed through the ISAPI
redirector, it used transfer-encoding chunked.
Example:

Client:

GET /AUrlToAFileWhichDoesNotExist.ico HTTP/1.1
Host: www.mydomain.net
Keep-Alive: 115
Connection: keep-alive
If-Modified-Since: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 15:07:52 GMT

Server:

HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified